SAMPE HANDS-ON WORKSHOP
Your educational needs are paramount to SAMPE and we have valuable workshops that address your learning objectives.
Benefits of Attending:
- Additive Manufacturing -- more than just "3D Printing", provides attendees with a broader understanding
- SAMPE "hands-on" workshops provide more than just listening to lectures
- Technologies covered in this course by leaders in the field from "metals-to-polymers-to-composites"
- Networking with a broad group of attendees, speakers and researchers available nowhere else
- Nothing like a "hands-on" experience working with real AM equipment and materials to lock it down
- Small class sizes provide individual and team learning experiences
- On-site and off-site tours expand the experience to real manufacturing shops
- Design and print your own part -- learn from your success or failure in performing a unique AM process
- Description of Day 2 "hands-on" AM procedures and team set up
- Hands-on activity involving "scanning, designing, and additive manufacturing printing" activities
- Discussion of "scanning software" and activities working with Creaform and Software
- Group teams work on Additive Manufacturing projects
- Completion of "hands-on" activities and discussion of results/activities
- Large Format Printing with BAAM -- Big Area Additive Manufacturing
- Use of printing in "sustainment activities, composite tooling, etc.
- Tour of UDRI AM Development Group Lab and Air Force Innovation Lab
- Wrap-up, retrieval of AM parts and discussion
- Speaker: Rick Neff, Cincinnati Incorporated - "BAAM, Big Area Additive Manufacturing - Giant 3D Printing for Tooling, Prototyping, and Production"
- SAMPE Member: $1250
- Non-member $1350
The SAMPE group rate is guaranteed based on availability until Friday, May 18, 2018. A deposit equal to one night's stay is required to hold each reservation. The credit card used to guarantee your reservation will be charged if your reservation is cancelled 1-3 days prior to your arrival. The current occupancy tax is 13.25%. An early departure fee may apply.
Marriott at the University of Dayton Rate: $189, plus tax and resort fee
1414 South Patterson Boulevard
Dayton OH 45409
What Attendees are Saying about SAMPE Workshops
“The SAMPE workshop was a real winner. For me, the combination of expert advice and hands-on activities just can’t be beat. If you’re involved in composites manufacturing, it’s money very well spent.”
- Daren Davis, Tarleton State University
“Being able to come and see what different products are out there as well as gaining hands on experience is very beneficial. It allows me to understand what people on the shop floor are going to be dealing with and how I can design parts and processes to better help them.”
- Ryan Dick, Lockheed Martin
“Thank you very much for the informative sessions.. There were many positive takeaways that I will be able to draw from in the course of my career going forward and it is professionals such as yourself that contribute favorably to successes in the composites industry.”
- Dennis Williams, Axson Technologies and Sika Corporation