SAMPE Midwest Chapter Mission Statement
Midwest SAMPE is a non-profit organization established in accordance with the provision of the International Chapter to be the premier, if not only, technical society in the Midwest region to encompass all fields of endeavor in materials and processes (M&P).
To achieve this purpose, Midwest SAMPE will:
- be an accessible, reliable, efficient, and effective source of technical information for the M&P community. This information will encompass both established technical knowledge and state-of-the-art technical developments regarding plastics and polymer matrix composites, metals and metal matrix composites, and monolithic ceramics and ceramic matrix composites;
- provide forums and other mechanisms that are conveniently accessible to members from the entire Chapter area for networking and the free exchange of ideas;
- be an active advocate of higher education;
- be an advocate for the advancement and application of new technologies in the M&P field.
The subgoals set forth in the Purpose Statement will be implemented and maintained in the following manners:
- Technical information will be disseminated through meetings, seminars, short courses, and a network of local engineers and scientists. However, due to the immense breadth of M&P information, Midwest SAMPE cannot and will not try to be everything.
- For those technical areas that are being more appropriately addressed by other focused societies, Midwest SAMPE will provide its
membership with access via joint meetings, recommendations and advertising of other conferences, and recruiting of experts in
these other societies to participate in this Chapter.
- Forums will be manifested in both in-person contact and electronic communication. Examples of the first include regular meetings
and speakers, conferences, social and technical activities, and focus groups. Examples of electronic communication include
email, an up-to-date web site, and video conferences.
- Midwest SAMPE will foster student chapters, offer scholarships and awards, make information and forums available to students,
and encourage them to use the resources.
- Midwest SAMPE will be an advocate for the advancement and application of new M&P technologies through execution of the
previous three goals and the existence of an active and prospering Midwest Chapter in general.