Finalists Announced for 2017 CAMX Award
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Posted by: Janie Drake
CAMX announces finalists for 2017 CAMX Award recognizing Combined Strength and Unsurpassed Innovation
August 2, 2017 (Orlando, Fla.) – CAMX – The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo is proud to announce the finalists for the fourth annual CAMX Award, sponsored by Ashland. The CAMX Award recognizes two cutting-edge innovations that will significantly impact composites and advanced materials. The award is divided into two categories that embody the spirit of CAMX – Combined Strength and Unsurpassed Innovation.
As two distinct honors, the Combined Strength Award acknowledges a product that incorporates advanced materials that solves a problem through teamwork and collaboration, and the Unsurpassed Innovation Award celebrates a product with a design that incorporates low-cost materials for high-volume applications that can change the outlook of a particular market.
The winning entries will be announced and presented during the General Session at CAMX – Tuesday, September 12 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
This year’s finalists will be on display at CAMX in the Exhibit Hall. The entrants will also be available to speak with attendees about their entries from 2:30– 3:30 p.m. on September 12. The finalists are:
Combined Strength Award
Thermoplastic Composite Overmoulding Technology Reduces Cycle Time to Minutes: Victrex
- Halls River Bridge – FRP Composites for Next Generation Infrastructure: Florida Dot
- GRFP Wicket Gates: Long Lasting Structures to Ensure Navigable Waterways: Composite Advantage, LLC
- 9 Meter Wind Turbine Blade Advanced Technology Demonstrator: IACMI – The Composites Institute
- Development and Launch of Integrated Slide-in Oven Console Assembly w/ Stainless Steel Appearance via Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD): Mar-Bal, Inc.
Unsurpassed Innovation Award
- Secure Hybrid Composite Maritime Shipping Container: University of Maine - Advanced Structures and Composites Center
- Next Generation CoCure Hybrid Metal/Composite Technology for Transportation: Structural Composites
- Edge En V. Fly Rods Made with Ekoa Plant Based Prepregs: Lingrove
- First Industrial Fiber Patch Placement System for Manufacturing Complex Composites: Cevotec GmbH
- Carbon Fibre / Kevlar Hinge System: Talon Technology
For more information about the CAMX Award, go to http://www.thecamx.org/awards-competitions/.
To see all the latest innovation on display, make sure to sign up by August 18 for a discounted rate for a CAMX Exhibit Hall pass, as well as access to CAMX conference programs, featured sessions, technical papers. Click here to register today.