SAMPE has aligned tooling expertise with demonstrations and hands-on exercises so that you will apply what you learn by doing, using tooling materials and processes that include metal, rubber, elastomer, ceramic, high temperature foam core, additive manufactured tools, and much more. Featuring an exclusive Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) tour, SAMPE brings together a solid network of tooling companies, tooling materials and methodology for 16-hours of solid programming, credited as 16 Professional Development Hours included in a SAMPE Certified Digital Badge.
- Solve your tooling problems while exploring new technologies
- Participate in practical hands-on lab exercises, showing tooling-materials options and choice outcomes
- Network with professionals, material suppliers and manufacturers
- Enhance comprehension with small class sizes
- Earn 16 Professional Development Hours and attain a Digital Badge certifying your participation
- Gain an exclusive tour through Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
Day One: Tooling Technology at its Best
- Smart tooling (shape memory tooling) for complex structural shapes
- BAAM (Big Area Additive Manufactured) process for large, rapid tooling
- Presentations on advanced ceramic tooling and rubber tooling
- Tour through Oak Ridge National Lab (ORNL) Manufacturing facility
Day Two: Demonstrations and Hands-on Activities
- Hands-on tooling demonstrations and exercises to cement key technologies
- Lay up ceramic tool and then "washout" demonstration of cured part
- Part lay up of "anisotropic flat plate potato-chip" panels on C-Foam cure tooling
- Experience application of using "heat shrink tape" on composite parts
- and more!
Early Registration (Before August 23, 2019)
SAMPE Member: $1250
Regular Registration (August 24, 2019 and after)
SAMPE Member: $1450
What Attendees Say About SAMPE Workshops:
"The best way to learn is through hands-on experience and that's what we are doing here today." - Philip Caouette, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co
The SAMPE group rate is guaranteed based on availability until September 30, 2019. A deposit equal to one night's stay is required to hold each reservation. The credit card used to guarantee your reservation will be charged if your reservation is cancelled 1-3 days prior to your arrival.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville - Room Rate - $129, plus tax
10955 Turkey Drive
Knoxville, TN 37922
Room Rate: $129, plus tax
Reservations: +1 865.966.8888
Ask for: SAMPE Group Rate
Cancellation and Refunds:
All cancellations must be made in writing. A 15% administrative fee will be applied to all cancellations. There are no refunds after September 13, 2019. SAMPE reserves the right to cancel the program due to lack of enrollment. In that event, SAMPE will refund the registration fees, but not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.