Save the Date!
The Golden Gate Polymer Forum (GGPF) and ASM International, Santa Clara Valley Chapter, announce a 2-day short course on November 4 and 5, 2019 in Mountain View, CA.
The short course will be delivered by Dr. Jeff Gotro and Dr. Bruce Prime, experts in the field of thermosetting polymers and processes. It will provide an overview of polymers and the important structure-property-process-performance relationships for thermosets with emphasis on electronic packaging. In the context of this short course, electronic packaging comprises the materials and structures used to connect the finished semiconductor chip with other electronic components (such as memory chips, camera modules, displays, etc.). Some examples are die attach adhesives, underfills, polymer dielectric redistribution layers, encapsulants, semiconductor substrates, and high density printed circuit boards. The focus will be on the types of thermosetting polymers and processes used in electronic packaging. Course sponsors will have the opportunity to display their product lines and exhibit the latest tools for thermoset characterization.
This course is geared toward technical professionals with backgrounds in chemistry, engineering, or materials science.
The combination of excellent presenters, a convenient location in the Bay Area, an affordable price, and a focus on practical applications provides an exceptional opportunity to increase your knowledge in the area of electronic packaging.
Click here for Registration by October 18th.
Monday, November 4 - Polymers in Packaging (8:15 am to 5:30 pm)
· Registration Opens, Continental Breakfast 7:30 am
· Introduction to Electronic Packaging
· Thermosets - Gelation, Vitrification, Curing and Cure Kinetics
· Wirebond Packaging - Leadframe and Plastic Ball Grid Array
· Flip Chip Packaging - Capillary and Wafer Level Underfills
· Fan-out Wafer Level Packaging - Mold Compounds and Redistribution Layers (RDL)
· Advanced Substrates - High-Density Interconnect, Build-up Films for High Density Substrates
· Package Reliability Testing
· Wine & cheese reception 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Tuesday, November 5 - Thermoset Characterization (8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
· Continental Breakfast 8:00 am
· Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
· Thermomechanical Analysis (TMA)
· Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
· Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA) measurements, Oscillatory Rheology
· Rheological Measurements of Uncured Thermoset Adhesives (dispensing, shear thinning, yield point)
· Rheological Measurements During Thermoset Curing
· Thermoset Processing Case Studies
· Question & Answer Session
EVENT DATES: Nov 4-5, 2019
Price: $595.00 (including $100 early discount)
· Additional instructions will be provided by Oct 28 to those who register for the event.
· Lunch will be provided on site each day.
· Hardcopy lecture notes from each day will be provided to all attendees
Click here to view the June Newsletter.
For more information contact Jennifer Hoffman at email@example.com (GGPF) or Jason James at firstname.lastname@example.org (ASM).