Welcome to the Midwest Chapter of SAMPE
Areas of Interest
Fellows & History
Midwest Student Research Symposium
By-Laws, Board of Director Position Descriptions
We look forward to meeting you at our next event. If you're not already a member, join us today!
March 28, 2019 Event
< Click Here to Register >
April 11th Event
< Click Here to Register and/or Submit an Abstract for the Research Symposium >
Click Here for Download Symposium Documents
< Industry Professionals Click Here to Register for the Industry Collaborative >
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
March 28, 2019 | Young Professional Event
April 11, 2019 | Student Research Symposium & Industry Collaborative
May 20-23, 2019 | SAMPE 2019 (Charlotte, NC)
PAST EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
October 1, 2018 | Meet the New Board for 2018-2019!
Midwest SAMPE is run by an all-volunteer board elected by its members. The Board is comprised of dedicated individuals from academia, industry and government. Congratulations to our new and returning board members and a hearty thank you to all of our previous board members.
- ROBYN L. BRADFORD-VIALVA, Chair | Additive Manufacturing Research Engineer - University of Dayton
- TOM MARGRAF, Vice-chair 1 | Spintech, LLC. – Director of Engineering & Operations
- THAO GIBSON, Vice-chair 2 | Senior Research Engineer - University of Dayton Research Institute
- PHILIP KAUFFMANN, Secretary | Research Scientist - Applied Sciences, Inc.
- ANDREW ABBOTT, Treasurer | Additive Manufacturing Research Engineer - University of Dayton Research Institute
- DOUG WARD, Voting Director 1 | Chief Consulting Engineer - GE Aviation
- TONY E. SALIBA, Voting Director 2 | Wilke Distinguished Professor, Dean Emeritus - University of Dayton
- JIM JOHNSON, Non-voting Director | Professor - Sinclair Community College
Midwest SAMPE Student Research Symposium
March 22, 2018
Student presenters (back row, from left): Saja Al-ajrash, Chang Liu, Kaitlin Rigitano, Frankie Petrie, John Joe, Ramakrishna Surya and Reza Moheimani. Judges (front row, from left): Dr. Sadra Emami, Dr. Karla Strong and Dr. Li Cao
About the 2018 Student Research Symposium & Vendor Night
The Annual Student Research Symposium is sponsored by the Midwest Chapter of SAMPE (Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering). The purpose of the event is to showcase original scholarly research conducted by undergraduates, Masters and Doctoral students. The best oral presentations are awarded cash prizes. In addition, the 1st place winner in the PhD category receives an all-expense paid trip to CAMX (Composites and Advanced Materials Expo) in the fall to compete at the national level for a chance to present internationally at SAMPE conferences in Europe and Japan.
This year’s event was held in West Chester, OH at The WEB Extreme Entertainment where student presenters enjoyed go-kart racing, mini-golf and mini-bowling during intermission (compliments of Midwest SAMPE). Afterwards, a full course buffet dinner was served followed by guest speaker Ben Dietsch, SAMPE North America President and NONA Composites President. Vendor Night rounded out the evening where companies showcased their technological capabilities and services.
For more information, contact Robyn Bradford-Vialva, Midwest SAMPE Chair at Robyn.Vialva@udayton.edu