SAMPE Announces Newest Award Program Focused on Young Professionals
Monday, November 6, 2017
SAMPE North America’s newest award program is the Young Professional Emerging Leadership Award, which honors members who demonstrate a dedication to the advanced materials and processes industry and SAMPE, by demonstrating leadership, teamwork, and dedication, while developing knowledge and experience working in the industry.
The call for nominations is now open and the deadline for application submission is March 1, 2018.
Criteria - the Young Professional must:
· Be a registered SAMPE Young Professional who has not previously won this award.
· Have graduated from university and is under 35 years old at the time applications are due.
· Have demonstrated excellence in their field within the SAMPE community (both technical excellence and outstanding service will be considered).
· Must attend the SAMPE Spring Conference and all required events during the event.
· Complete the application form.
· Include two (2) letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a direct supervisor.
· Upon being selected as a finalist and attending the conference, a short write-up of your conference experience will also be required, which may then be used in SAMPE marketing and other publications (such as the SAMPE Journal).
Awardees are required to attend the SAMPE spring conference and designated networking functions during the event. Airfare, hotel, and registration will be covered by SAMPE. SAMPE will recognize the finalists during an awards ceremony and up to two winners will have the chance to attend an international SAMPE Conference or CAMX – The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo.