North America Parliamentarian Application
One-year term, starting July 1, 2021
May or may not involve future service as a SAMPE Executive Cabinet member.
Submit a short description of your service to SAMPE (no more than two pages).
• Serve as ex-officio cabinet member; participate in open sessions but no voting privileges.
• Serve as Chair of Rules and Parliamentarian Committee (usually sole member).
• Assist cabinet and board of director meeting chair with parliamentary procedure, interpretation of governing documents, and other procedural matters that arise during the meeting.
• Assist the business office, officers, and directors with interpretation of the governing documents.
• Assist and coordinate with the business office, officers, and directors on the preparation of governing document changes.
• Assure that governing document changes are submitted properly by dates as dictated by the governing documents.
• Assure that governing document changes brought to the floor of cabinet or director meetings are properly handled per governing document requirements.
• Other duties as requested by the cabinet.
• Attend cabinet and board meetings twice per year at the spring and fall conference events, as well as the entire conference event.
• Attend cabinet meetings twice per year between the spring and fall conference events.
• Participate in cabinet conference calls about four times per year.
• Coordinate through emails and phone calls as required on governing document changes and questions.
• Robert's Rules of Order
• SAMPE North America Bylaws and Practices
NAEC, Student Chapter and Student Membership Champion