SAMPE Journal Author Instructions
The SAMPE Journal is the Society's membership journal and features both technical articles and feature articles in each issue of the bi-monthly publication. These articles are generally written to the SAMPE Journal Editorial Calendar, which focuses on specific themes or topics. In order to maintain the high standards associated with these articles, this set of instructions are designed to provide the author(s) with firm guidelines in preparing the article manuscript, text and graphics for publication in a timely manner.
The following instructions will assist the author(s) in submitting a technical article or feature article for the SAMPE Journal. These instructions are also defined so that the submitted materials are fully compatible with SAMPE publication style. SAMPE Journal distribution includes international SAMPE Membership, USA, Europe, Japan, and region conferences, and to subscribing companies, universities and libraries..
The following is a brief summary of the Instructions for successfully submitting your technical article or feature article to the SAMPE Journal for publication:
- Submit one (1) original hard copy along with,
- An IBM-compatible disk in either Microsoft Word or Word Perfect format.
- Number the pages consecutively.
- Refer to graphs, diagrams and illustrations as: Figure 1, Figure 2, etc. and include all captions.
- Refer to tables as: Table 1, Table 2, etc. and include all titles.
- Do NOT 'embed' tables, graphs, illustrations, photos, diagrams, etc. within the paper text. Put these items into a SEPARATE FILE for submittal.
- All such artwork/graphics should be submitted as photos or originals and will be accepted as electronic files IF they are `TIF' or `EPS' file format. The minimum resolution should be 350 dpi.
Identify original materials on the backside with the corresponding figure number and caption.
Send all of the materials to:
SAMPE Journal Technical Editor
Attn: Dr. Scott W. Beckwith
4956 S. Jordan Canal Road
Taylorsville, UT 84129
SAMPE Journal Editor
GREGG BALKO, CEO
21680 Gateway Center Drive, Suite 300
Diamond Bar, CA 91765-2454
Phone: +1 626.521.5572