New Student Competition Committee Chair
SAMPE North America is seeking a chair to lead a new committee which will establish a new student competition. The mission of this new student competition committee will be to develop and execute a new competition to further engage student chapters
with the society. Examples of new student competitions could be fabrication and testing of a wing, personal vehicle, drone, or urban air vehicle.
Committee Chair Responsibilities
- Establishment of the new competition
- Lead the committee in selection and development of the new competition
- Present to the North America Executive Cabinet (NAEC) a proposal for the new student competition
- Work with the committee to develop rules and materials and process informational packages to be used by professional chapters and faculty advisors
to promote the competition to SAMPE student chapters
- Work with SAMPE Staff to establish the logistics, such as advertising, registration, and conference floor space for the competition
- Coordinate with companies for competition sponsorships and donations
- Report to the NAEC Vice President and recommend budgetary items
Committee Chair Qualifications
- Be a registered SAMPE member in good standing
- Have 3 years of experience as a leader within the industry or the community.
- Have a passion for student programming and advanced material and processing market applications that will excite and engage student members
and student chapters within SAMPE.
Vice President - SAMPE North America